Subject: install problems on RAID
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <ef@math.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/02/2007 18:54:49
I'm probably making some absolutely stupid mistake.
I've done this several times before and it worked, but maybe it was either 3.0 or /i386.
I've spent most of the day trying to install (4.0_BETA2) via network onto a RAID1 and the <beep> sysinst insists on installing an MBR onto the RAID proper. Of course, this makes all the partitions move by 63 sectors and the primary boot not finding the secondary one.
Have there been any recent "improvements" in sysinst to keep people from not installing an MBR? I tried for two hours tricking sysinst into not writing the MBR, but to no avail. Also, I'm not allowed to delete the <beep> c partition from the disklabel in sysinst. So, even if I manage to make the partitions start at 0, after writing the label, newfs on the root fs fails because it can't write block 32.
As I started, I'm probably making some entirely stupid mistake, but I don't know what it is.