Subject: Kernel panic on amd64/current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/31/2007 14:52:46
   I've tried sending this before, but it looks like it never went
out. This time I'm including links instead of the whole text. Sorry
for any dups...

   With current kernel, amd64 platform, moderate activity, I get:

kernel: privileged instruction fault trap, code=0

Stopped in pid 4.22.1 (cvs) at  netbsd:uiomove+0xd3: testb  %cl, 0xffffffff8514247c(%rbx)

   This was doing a CVS update of pkgsrc, but I also see hangs when
working in X. (I don't have a serial console, so I can't see the
message in that case.) A kernel from a few weeks ago (same config)
works fine on the same hardware:

NetBSD capo 4.99.13 NetBSD 4.99.13 (CAPO64) #3: Tue Mar  6 08:43:08 EST 2007  gary@capo:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile.amd64/CAPO64 amd64

   dmesg output and kernel config available here:

http://www.duzan.org/gary/dmesg.txt
http://www.duzan.org/gary/CAPO64.txt

   Thanks.

					Gary Duzan