Subject: Re: linux32 statfs/statfs64
To: Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <ef@math.uni-bonn.de>
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/30/2007 22:25:54
On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 07:17:56PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> May I humbly ask what the state of affairs is regarding my proposed
> integration of statfs and sched_yield?

I'm working on it. I already requested 2 pullups for netbsd-4 for your
PR.

<URL:http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/req-4.cgi?show=543>
<URL:http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/req-4.cgi?show=544>

> Is there any further work that should be done by me before these may
> become ready to be integrated?

For the statfs port, it is not as simple as it looks; but not too
complicated. The main problem is that `struct statfs' have different
sizes between compat linux and linux32 ... We can then share the
bsd_to_linux_statfs() source code, but not the compiled form. I'll
plan to move the function from linux_misc.c to linux_misc.h for easier
integration in compat linux32.
I just need a little more time ;-)

> I just ask because I need both syscalls in order for dsmc to work
> properly and I would like to reduce the number of my local kernel
> patches as much as possible.
>
> I'd also be glad if someone could comment on the alleged select()
> timeout misbehaviour (in compat/linux32) for the same reason.

I have the fix in my tree. To be sure, i'm stressing it ... will then
commit.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.