Subject: Re: various changes on INSTALL and iso generation
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/25/2007 18:52:19
Yes, they do; we have bootxx_lfsv2.  Works like a charm.  It's so
handy not to have to fsck (unless something really goes wrong, heh).

Currently, what I often do is keep a partition around with a
custom-built crunchgen tree in it so I can do useful things from the
install CD (like mount an LFS filesystem, use vi, etc).  lfs_cleanerd
could be added to /rescue, though.  Otherwise, the installer needs to
ignore that error upon mounting.

Also, sysinst needs to be fixed so that it can pass the appropriate
parameters to newfs_lfs.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11