Subject: Re: DDB in GENERIC
To: David Laight <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/25/2007 14:20:26

David Laight wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:47:16PM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
>  =20
>> Would anyone object if I enabled:
>> makeoptions    COPTS=3D"-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer"
>>    =20
> amd64 is almost always compiled without a frame pointer, other schemes
> (.EH_FRAME) are used to get the stack traceback info.
> Linux kernel stuff is all build without even the .EH_FRAME section, as
> it gets to be quite large and is assumed to not be paged in.
>  =20

I assume, due to the comment in GENERIC about -fno-omit-frame-pointer
being required for backtraces in DDB to work, that DDB doesn't support
this.  I also don't entirely understand your email - are you objecting
to the changes in question?  All the other feedback I've gotten is that
others miss having DDB by default, too...

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -