Subject: Re: {npx,pckbc}* at isa?
To: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/31/2007 22:27:26
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:32:55AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Would anyone object to the following changes to the i386 & amd64
> 	config files?
>
> -npx0   at isa? port 0xf0 irq 13        # x86 math coprocessor
> +npx*   at isa? port 0xf0 irq 13        # x86 math coprocessor
> -pckbc0         at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
> +pckbc*         at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
>
> 	With the changes if acpi or pnpbios is also enabled they will
> 	attach npx0 and pckbc0 rather than npx1 and pckbc1

Don't we actually need something to stop the acpi and isa devices
both attaching?  While allowing either of them to be npx0.

I did wonder about 'xxx0 atacpi port 0xnn' in order to tie an acpi device
to a physical address (also useful to get com port assigned in the
expected way).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk