Subject: Re: Support for HPET found on AMD8111 LPC controller
To: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/05/2006 14:58:48
--A9eION1OHh0ab6BT

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:51:47PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:26:42PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:09:57PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > Here follow a small patch i made in the last few days to add support
> > > for HPET timer found on amd8111 chpiset.
> > >=20
> > > This timer is available on the LPC controller with a new amdpcib
> > > driver.
> >=20
> > Is it the same as the HPETs you can find in Intel's chipsets?
>=20
> I think so; it follows the Intel specifications.
> <URL:http://www.intel.com/hardwaredesign/hpetspec_1.pdf>
>=20
> > Does it appear in the ACPI table?  It'd be even better to have a
> > generic hpet@acpi driver.
>=20
> Yes, it's available in ACPI tables. I'll try to make the ACPI driver
> next ...

You want to have a hpet device attach to amdpcib, then.  (Or you might
just skip that part and make people use ACPI to get support for the
HPET.  That wouldn't be so bad, actually.)

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--A9eION1OHh0ab6BT

--A9eION1OHh0ab6BT--