Subject: no available disks?
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak+gmane@dimebank.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/08/2006 10:03:48
Maybe I'm doing something stupid, but ... I just took delivery of a new box with
a Supermicro H8DCE mobo in it. I've used this with NetBSD before without problems.

I burned a copy of the 3.0.1 ISO and it boots into the install system OK - but
then complains

I can not find any hard disks for use by NetBSD.

Huh?

I've forgotten where the install system puts the boot messages - could someone
remind me?

One thing I notice is that the hard disk is attached to the third IDE controller
  - it's a SATA drive. Will the boot system not deal with this? Is there an easy
way around this? I guess, in the worst case, I could plug in a PATA drive along
side the DVD-ROM...

Thanks,
chris