Subject: Re: 64bit compat_linux and matlab
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/25/2006 09:40:25
--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG

Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
=20
> How did you install that? On a linux machine, then tared up? When I=20
> install on NetBSD/amd64, an 'install -t' fails with

Yupp, same thing here.  I installed on a NetBSD/i386 machine.  The
installer lets you chose which binaries to install, so I selected the
64bit binaries, installed them and copied them over.

> <snip>
> Do you want to create symbolic links to $MATLAB/bin scripts ? ([y]/n)  n
> Begin Installation ? ([y]/n)  y
>=20
> Stat of directory "%s" failed.

When you run the graphical installer, it will actually tell you which
directory it failed to stat.  Unfortunately, that doesn't help at all:
it's the directory you tell it to install into, ie the directory from
which you run the installer (most likely).  That directory sure exists
and any linux binary should be able to stat it.

-Jan

--=20
Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have=20
normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own lookout.

--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG

--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG--