Subject: Re: 64bit compat_linux and matlab
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/25/2006 13:59:31
Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
>  > I was wondering: what's the status of 64bit linux emulation?  Does that
>>  basically work or are there tweaks?  In particular, I'd be interested in
>>  running the new 64bit version of Matlab on NetBSD/amd64.  Anybody tried
>>  that?
>
>I installed the 64bit version of matlab, but unfortunately it doesn't
>seem to get anywhere.  It gets killed almost immediately with a Linux
>SIGRT0.  A ktrace is available here:
>http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/matlab64.kdump

How did you install that? On a linux machine, then tared up? When I
install on NetBSD/amd64, an 'install -t' fails with

<snip>
Do you want to create symbolic links to $MATLAB/bin scripts ? ([y]/n)  n
Begin Installation ? ([y]/n)  y

Stat of directory "%s" failed.

Not enough space on disk.

The MATLAB installer program is finished.
Please perform the remaining steps described in your MATLAB
Installation Guide to complete the installation. This includes
modifying your system boot script to start the License
Manager automatically.
</snip>

ktrace at
http://www.spg.tu-darmstadt.de/~hf/notes/amd64-matlab2006a-ktrace.lst.bz2
doesn't really make much sense to me. The X11 based installer fails
in a similar way.

Trying to run the linux32 Matlab (yes, /emul/linux32 populated, and
/emul/linux32/bin/ls works) fails pretty quick, too.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik