Subject: COMPAT_LINUX and Java
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: oliver gould <ogould@cs.stevens.edu>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/17/2006 16:54:57
--ep0oHQY+/Gbo/zt0

Hello,

I am trying to get 64b Java running.  I've compiled a -current (3.99.21)
kernel with COMPAT_LINUX and COMPAT_LINUX32 (and therefore
COMPAT_NETBSD32).

After signing my life away, and fetching the 64b Linux binary of Java
from Sun, the installer succeeds, which means the JVM isn't totally
bombing out; and I can even run java -h, which is good.

However, running `java` or `javac` in any real capacity yields the
following output:
  Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Can't detect initial thread
  stack location - find_vma failed

The invoked program hangs and another java/javac process zombifies.

Any and all pointers are appreciated.

--=20
  .oliver

--ep0oHQY+/Gbo/zt0