Subject: VIA UniChrome
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/21/2006 00:07:27
--------------enig41B5A59F43CF2FB9105A0030

Hello all,

   I have a new system which has an on-board VIA UniChrome Pro. I can
run X using VESA, but I would prefer to use "real" drivers for it.

   I have found no less than three drivers (although one is VIA's open
source reference driver, on which the two other are based). One of them
is located at http://www.openchrome.org/.

I got the sources by runnning:

svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk openchrome

   This stuff is fairly new to me, so I just wanted to see how far I
would get. I ran "autogen.sh" which started a bunch of autoconf-stuff.

   After a while it says that it can not find gnome-config, but finally
fails with:

configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server xproto xvmc
fontsproto libdrm ) were not met:
No package 'xorg-server' found
No package 'xvmc' found
No package 'fontsproto' found
No package 'libdrm' found

   I do have xorg from pkgsrc installed, so it should - in theory - be
able to find it.

   Quick question: It is worth investigating this further, or is it a
lost cause? I am willing to put some effort into this; depending on how
much effort would be required.

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.