Subject: Re: kernel panics on Celeron EM64T
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa@altkom.pl>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/15/2006 19:56:34
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Put DDB into your kernel, and when it panics run "bt" and write down
> the stack backtrace, and send it here. Just writing this down a few
> times may give you an impression if the panic always happens in the
> same place (~good) or in random places (~bad).
Ok. So when I try to compile something it barfs, and gives me DDB prompt:

kernel: protection fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 19298.1 (gcc) at netbsd:pvtree_SPLAY+0x26: movq
0x10(%rcx),%rax
db>

But... I can't type anything. I suspect that DDB wants legacy (not USB)
keyboard. Am I right? I don't have any PS/2 keyboards around.

Actually, there's a Sun Ultra 5 under my desk, so maybe I could hook up
serial cable and use KGBD to get stack backtrace?

--
Radoslaw Kujawa