Subject: Re: booting from CD (alone and with i386)?
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/04/2006 13:00:19
On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Being able to boot both an i386 and an amd64 kernel would be nice.
Never say never... with some playing, I was able to do that:
* take a i386-current usr/mdec/bootxx_cd9660
* take a amd64-current usr/mdec/boot
* take a i386 netbsd-INSTALL.gz as /netbsd
* take a amd64 netbsd-INSTALL.gz as /netbsd64
* follow the example in installboot(8) (I actually used mkisofs;
This gives a CD that can be booted
* on i386 (qemu) by default
* on amd64 (qemu-system-x86_64) in 32bit mode by default
* on amd64 in 64bit mode by interrupting the 5-second countdown and
by typing "boot netbsd64".