Subject: None
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: None <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/31/2006 17:40:20
Rick Kelly wrote

> I set up a new box last night. ASUS A8V motherboard, amd64
> x2 4200+, and a WD Caviar 80 gig SATA drive. I installed
> NetBSD/i386 3.0 as I want to run openoffice, etc on the
> box. It installed without a hitch and seems to like all
> the hardware.

Hmmm, I guess I could install i386 but that kinda sorta
defeats
the purpose of having a amd64?  :)

> You can download a recent NetBSD/amd64 -current iso from:
>
> ftp://ftp.rmkhome.com/pub/netbsd/amd64/netbsd-03042006-amd
> 64.iso

Tried that, no luck.  It gets me past the newfs phase and
starts
to untar the sets, but dies in various random points in
base.tgz.

BTW, this is on a A8N5X nForce4 motherboard with 2GB RAM and
two 200+ GB S-ATA hard drives.

It apparently recognizes the apic device, but subsequently
gripes
about ioapic0 having been misconfigured as apic0, and change
it to apic2?

I'd love to post the dmesg during boot if it would help, but
can't
get serial stuff working.

Anyone got any ideas on what else I might try?

Check your Email accounts at MyEmail.com

Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!