Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0 and S-ATA - again
To: Paul Goyette <>
From: Rick Kelly <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/31/2006 09:07:50
Paul Goyette said:

>After a long absence, I acquired a new AMD-64 X2 system
>for running NetBSD.  Like most everyone else, I'm having
>the "Lost interrupt" problem with the hard drives during
>the install, using "stock" NetBSD 3.0 CDs made from the
>ISO images.

I set up a new box last night. ASUS A8V motherboard, amd64 x2 4200+,
and a WD Caviar 80 gig SATA drive. I installed NetBSD/i386 3.0 as
I want to run openoffice, etc on the box. It installed without a hitch
and seems to like all the hardware.

>Being PC illiterate, can someone tell me how to create a
>bootable CD with -current?  The FTP site doesn't seem to
>have ISO files for -current!

You can download a recent NetBSD/amd64 -current iso from:

Rick Kelly