Subject: Re: connection problem
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Bogdan Mihalcea <bmihal@rdslink.ro>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/18/2006 16:28:37
Hi,

I would recommmend two files which are to be examined

/etc/hosts would be one of them. On the line
127.0.0.1        localhost localhost.

you should append /computername.domainname/ (let's say yahoo.uk) and
/computername. /. /Computername/ is either given to you by your ISP, or
you can choose one.

In my case, the line looks like

127.0.0.1        localhost localhost. Yoggy.rdslink.ro Yoggy.

Another file you should examine is /etc/resolv.conf, where you should have

nameserver x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x stands for the DNS server IP address of your ISP provider.

Which error messages do you get? Can you be more specific?

Best regards,
Bogdan