Subject: Re: 2.x and COMPAT_NETBSD32
To: None <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/09/2006 23:23:29

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 05:01:47PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Quentin Garnier <> wrote:
> =20
> >  - change all the absolute symlinks in /emul/netbsd32/usr/lib* to be
> >    relative instead of abosulte.  This is the easiest and the cleanest,
> >    but it involves some work.
> Hmm, I've done that, so my /emul/netbsd32/lib contains

The contents of /emul/netbsd32/lib is irrelevant.

The contents of /emul/netbsd32/usr/libexec and /emul/netbsd32/usr/lib are.

> But still no dice:
> $ file a.out
> a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
> NetBSD 2.0.2, statically linked, not stripped
> $ ./a.out
> ./a.out: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Symptom that no correct interpreter is found;  because it is set to
/usr/libexec/ld.so_elf which in /emul/netbsd32 is a symlink to

ktrace is helpful for those problems;  unfortunately it's not possible
to have an explicit error message.

Quentin Garnier - -

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)