Subject: Re: why are so many boards not properly routing interrupts?
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/01/2006 23:38:22
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 10:09:31PM -0600, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
>  As the subject might suggest, I'd like some insight on why many
> current amd64 boards are not routing interrupts properly.  For instance,
> why can Windows x64 get things working and not us?
>
> I'd also like to know if this could be solved by a BIOS fix.

Not a fix as such, but perhaps a hint for a work-around:

I managed to make my GA-K8NF-9 board happily use a plug-in Intel
21143 PCI network card by forcing the PCI slot->interrupt
mapping in the BIOS, rather than leaving it at the default
"auto".  Before this it had always just "timed out", and
basically didn't work, even though it probed OK.

Unfortunately the BIOS on this board doesn't let me do the same
thing for the on-board peripherals, or else I suspect that the
NVidea MCP9 GBE interface on the board might work a bit better.

Something to try, anyway.

--
Andrew