Subject: Re: amd64 box on the way
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/20/2006 11:20:33
Andy Ruhl said:

>Can't comment on that hardware if that's what you're looking for.

My initial concern is the nforce4 chipset on the motherboard, and whether
this will cause problems installing. I do see nforce4 support in the
source tree, but I can't find any recent success or otherwise data on
the web or in the mailing list archives.

>Since then I have seriously question why I continue to run it instead
>of NetBSD/i386. The lack of some software hurts, the big one being
>Openoffice. And some 32bit Linux stuff. I haven't tried the 32 bit
>compatibility yet.

Yup, openoffice would be good to have.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com