Subject: Re: HP L2000 laptop - booting with ACPI off?
To: Chandler May <hpxchan@gmail.com>
From: Chandler May <hpxchan@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/17/2006 19:31:28
I tried what you suggested. It didn't seem to recognize "ioapic0",
since it didn't respond to the command "disable ioapic0", and the boot
hung at the same place. I rebooted and tried again, this time with
"disable ioapic", and it responded as follows:
[ 65] ioapic* disabled

"find ioapic" produced:
[ 65] ioapic* at mainbus 0 apid -1

It then booted to the friendly blue language selection screen, but the
built-in keyboard (and I assume the track pad as well) were
nonfunctional (is this an expected result of disabling ioapic
altogether?). I had to connect a USB keyboard to interact with it. I
did not proceed with install because the laptop is of little use to me
if I must use it with an external keyboard and mouse.

Any ideas?

Chandler