Subject: Re: fresh install hangs
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/17/2006 21:40:15
It occurred to me that Frank van der Linden wrote in
gmane.os.netbsd.ports.x86-64:

>> cpu0: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+ ("AuthenticAMD" 686-class, 256KB
>> L2 cache) 2.09 GHz
>> cpu0: FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2
>> cpu0: AMD Powernow: FID VID TTP TM
>
> That's not a 64bit CPU.. I think you're on the wrong mailing list :-)

It is, if it's a sempron after June 2005. AFAIK the cpu capabilities list
won't show any differences.

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333