Subject: Re: fresh install hangs
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Steinfeld <mikeisgreat@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/17/2006 12:31:35
My hardware is fine. I have run 3 different OS's on it perfectly.

This is a NetBSD issue. ALso from searching the mailing lists, I am
not the first to have this problem.

The only resolve people keep saying is that you can compile a new
kernel or disable agp0 ... to me that is not a solution to the
problem. That is a way to avoid the problem.

Why would I want to run NetBSD at all if thats the case? It was my
understanding that
NetBSD has better HW support than OpenBSD or FreeBSD .... in this
situation this is not the case, being that both FreeBSD and OpenBSD,
as well as linux have run on this box without issue....

oh no, that is not true .. FreeBSD for whatever reason did not like me
using my Playstation 2 HDD and reported the incorrect drive
geometry...

OpenBSD has no problem with that.

--mike

--