Subject: nForce4 SATA trouble
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/29/2005 19:39:04
--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

Hi,
	On an Epox EP-9NPA+ (nForce4) w/ Opteron 170
(dual core 2.0GHz) I'm having trouble installing NetBSD/amd64
3.0 because the viaide(4) SATA controller isn't working right
("lost interrupt" or some such). 2.1_RC5 i386 INSTALL,
GENERIC.MPACPI and GENERIC kernels work fine. I fully expected
the ethernet not to work but this took me by surprise.
Is there anything I can try?

BTW, can I netboot an amd64 kernel (via the nForce ethernet)?
I don't want to burn a CD every time I test a kernel.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw--