Subject: Re: Asus K8N4-E Deluxe
To: Damon Brodie <ml@nomad.brodiefamily.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/01/2005 18:48:45
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:35:19 -0500
Damon Brodie <ml@nomad.brodiefamily.org> wrote:

> Yes, sk is included in my kernel config (I've added that below for
> reference).  As you can see in my previous message with the dmesg
> output, the ethernet interface doesn't even show up as "not
> configured".  I'm not sure what the problem is.

There are some things I'd change in your kernel config, for example:

 * You are using both MPACPI and MPBIOS, one of them is enough
   (same for MPACPI_SCANPCI and MPBIOS_SCANPCI).
 * You are missing some acpi devices, for example npx(4).

Maybe the problem for the onboard ethernet is a conflict between
MPBIOS_SCANPCI and MPACPI_SCANPCI.

Can you try with only MPBIOS* or MPACPI*?