Subject: Re: net/floppy boot issues (was nvidia gig ether support)
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak+news@dimebank.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/11/2005 19:11:10
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> I've got a new amd64 system with the Supermicro H8DCE mobo:
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/nForce2200/MNL-H8DCE.pdf
>
> Aside from a DOA disk, the SATA controller seems to work fine, (though I
> haven't done any RAID tests - I plan to use RAIDframe).
>
> But the -current floppy can't find any network ports to use. This is the
> nVideia nForce Pro 2200/2050 chipset.
>
> Any chance there will be support 'soon'? Or can someone recommend a
> gigether card that works, in the meantime?
>
> Thanks,
> chris

Well, I pulled a network card from another system that comes up as tlc0.
Yay. But now I can't find the head of the FTP tree to copy. The floppy
wants to start at pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-3.0_BETA, which doesn't exist.

I got the floppy images from
pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/200508120000Z/amd64, which no longer
exists... there's a 200508270000Z directory now, but it's empty.

So, where *am* I supposed to get sets from when installing the beta? Or
do I need to install 2.0.2 and upgrade? The 2.0.2 kernel hasn't been a
winning thing for me - it's pretty hungry for VM resources, so I thought
I'd just start with 3.0 ...

chris