Subject: Re: Rig compatibility
To: None <rusty@lalkaka.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/04/2005 23:16:16
> everything is compatible with NetBSD before I order. This is my first
> PC build, and my first experience running NetBSD on anything except
> macppc (which I'm quite confortable with). I've tried googling the
> various parts WRT BSD compatability, but a whole load of crap comes up
> instead of relevant info.
>
> Mobo:
> DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX
> 	w/ two NIC's, a Vitesse VSC8201 and a Marvell 88E8001

i'm not sure about ethernet - almost sure marvell won't work.

> Video Card:
> XFX PVT43PUD Geforce 6600 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card
>
> nForce4 is fully supported in NetBSD 3-BETA and -current? It's not a

NetBSD provides only basic vga support - if you mean graphics support see
XFree86 documentation

you will probably have to install -current as 2.0.2 doesn't support well
most new disk controllers. at least i had such a problem with my
motherboard. anyway - -current runs stable here and... REALLY FAST...

no graphics anyway - i do graphics only remotely from X terminals so i put
any PCI graphics just to boot.