Subject: Rig compatibility
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Rusty Matsur <rustaml@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/01/2005 19:49:27
Hi all,

I'm about to order parts for an amd64 build, but wanted to make sure
everything is compatible with NetBSD before I order. This is my first
PC build, and my first experience running NetBSD on anything except
macppc (which I'm quite confortable with). I've tried googling the
various parts WRT BSD compatability, but a whole load of crap comes up
instead of relevant info.

Mobo:
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX
=09w/ two NIC's, a Vitesse VSC8201 and a Marvell 88E8001

Video Card:
XFX PVT43PUD Geforce 6600 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card

nForce4 is fully supported in NetBSD 3-BETA and -current? It's not a
deal breaker if the NIC's aren't supported (although it would be a
bummer), as I have an old Asant=E9 10/100 card I could throw in worst
comes to worst.

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help,
Rusty