Subject: ASUS A8V with dual core panics
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/01/2005 13:23:08
I recently upgraded the BIOS on my ASUS A8V deluxe MB
and added an amd dual core cpu. I've tried both
MPBIOS and MPACPI and under any modest load, a current kernel
seems to panic giving one or more messages like [I scribbled this on the back of
an envelope]

simple_lock: unitialized lock
lock: 0xffffffff809eb518, currently at: ../../../kern/kern_clock.c: 853 on CPU 0
last unlocked: :9856

This was produced running in single user mode compiling tools in /usr/src.
The systems works fine with the exact same kernel, without the MULTIPROCESSOR
option.

I know this probably isn't enough detail for someone to find and fix the problem,
but does this sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone else have a dual core althon
which is running -current sucessfully.

Harry Waddell