Subject: Re: Benefits of AMD64 arch when running NetBSD/i386.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/30/2005 18:49:53
On Fri 29 Jul 2005 at 08:16:16 -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> There were two classes of software that had a VERY HARD TIME running
> on NetBSD/amd64: LISP implementations and web browsers.  (At least,

People who write such programs should be vigorously treated with the
clue bat. 64 bit machines have existed for many years, there is simply
no excuse to write a program that doesn't work on them. I personally
have an Alpha for over 5 years now (now also an amd64).

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.