Subject: problem configuring my Broadcom BCM5751
To: NetBSD, Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/25/2005 17:59:31
Hi,

I've just installed NetBSD/AMD64 2.0.2 and I am not able to configure my
NIC.  During bootup I see that it says my NIC is not configured.  Is that
because I need to change a setting in the BIOS, like specifically asign it
an IRQ?

I checked the NetBSD web site to see if it is actually supported, which it
is, using the bge driver, but I also saw something about mii (Media
Independent Interface) network bus.  Is this something I need to activate,
or whatever you do with this?

I've got another machine with NetBSD/i386 2.0.2 and a NatSemi based NIC and
at bootup I get this:

###############################
sip0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0: NatSemi DP83815 10/100 Ethernet, rev 00
sip0: interrupting at irq 9
sip0: Ethernet address 00:a0:cc:e1:27:ae
nsphyter0 at sip0 phy 0: DP83815 10/100 media interface, rev. 1
nsphyter0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

which was all recognized automatically (as far as I recall), so I do not
really know what to do with my new hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Robert