Subject: Re: are sempon/amd64 laptop worth buying ?
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/21/2005 06:03:24
On 7/21/05, Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> my current laptop seems to be near to death.
> I'm wondering if I'll replace it with a amd64 processor based.
> Any of you has feedback on sempron vs amd64 (I mean, is it as bad as
> celeron vs pentium) ? Any reference of working amd64 based laptop ?

There were some posts here from a guy trying to get pcmcia and/or
cardbus working on an amd64 laptop, but I don't remember the outcome.
That might be useful to know.

I bought an amd64 desktop because I thought I needed it and I've been
questioning that decision ever since. It's kind of cool to have a 64
bit machine, but that's the ONLY upside I've had so far.

Andy