Subject: LSI SATA 150-6
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin@texoma.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 06/21/2005 16:34:37
Hello,

I just recently attempted to install NetBSD on my server.
It failed immediately because it did not find my hard drives.

Below is my hardware.
It was suggested I ask the port maintainer so I am posting here.

RioWorks HDAMA dual Opteron, 4gb ram,
LSI MegaRaid 150-6 raid card.
http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/sata_150_6.html

I thought I saw that the LSI MegaRAID cards were supported.
I guess I confused the NetBSD hardware list with the FreeBSD one.
There are drivers with FreeBSD 5.4 for this card.
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-amd64.html

I would like to install NetBSD on this machine and give it a try.
I am currently using Ubuntu Linux for development. I have never used
NetBSD but I am trying to install it on my desktop and server so I can
learn.

I'll wait for NetBSD, my favored choice of the BSDs, if it doesn't look
to challenging to port. Else I'll try the FreeBSD.

Not trying to pester anyone. I just am not a C or low level developer
guy, so I don't know what is relatively simple to port or whats a big
pain in the behind.

Thanks.

Jimmie