Subject: feedback on working barebone chip
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 06/01/2005 14:49:59
--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

Hi,

I just got an Athlon64 (Socket 754) from my father and want to buy a
barebone. Anyone can give me pro/cons feedback on the followings
please :

- BIOSTAR iDEQ 210P
	Chipset : nForce3 250Gb
- Biostar iDEQ 220K
	chipset : VIA K8M800
- SHUTTLE SN85G4V3
	Chipset : North Bridge nForce3 250
-  SOLTEK Qbic EQ3801A/EQ3801M
	Chipset : SL-B9A-FGR

It will be used as a multimedia box (Audio CD, MP3, DVD, DivX player).
I'll plug a GeForce2 MX400 in the AGP to do the TV-out and install via
serial port (so integrated video support is not needed). The sound
chipset has to be useable (but I don't do home-cinema). The network card
has to be compatible (in the worse case, I can plug a compatible 3COM in
the PCI slot). Last but not least, it should be as quiet as possible
('cause it'll sit under my TV ;).

So, who knows which one is best for NetBSD ? Or which one not to buy :)

TIA,
	Jo
--=20
,- This mail runs ------.