Subject: MBR boot fails on AMD 64 (infinite loop)
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/25/2005 14:03:46
Hi again,

I (more or less) succeeded in installing an AMD64-current (3.99.4)
distrib on the workstation HP loaned me for a while. The nVidia nForce 4
chipset is not very well handled, but that's not a big problem.

However, I have failed to properly boot the machine. Just after boot, it
  simply keeps looping on a 'NetBSD MBR boot' message that it displays
at libidum. Nothing to do. I've tried to tinker with the various boot
files, no success so far.

Has anybody any idea ? The disk drives are two SCSI drives, they appear
as sd0 and sd1 during install, and every partition can be mounted and
read by the INSTALL kernel.

Thanks a lot
Vincent