Subject: viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Uair <uair@acelerate.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/19/2005 23:22:58
Hi:
I've just acquired a MSI K8T NEO (VIA K8T800 Chipset based) motherboard with
a AMD Athlon 64 Processor and a Hitachi 40 Gb SATA disk on it, and I begun
the installation of NetBSD/AMD64 2.0.2 on this hardware, but I could not
finish it because when I boot the install system I get the following
message:
viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt

type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0

viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt

type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0

viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt

type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0

viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt

type: ata tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0

It's the exact same problem that msmith@edtech.mcc.edu posted on 02/10/2005.
And later on msmith@edtech.mcc.edu posted that he finally installed
NetBSD/i386 2.0 on his system so I emulated him. I've just installed
NetBSD/i386 2.0.2 on my system and everything went ok; but now I'm worried
about my pc "health", I mean, isn't it some kind of dangeours for my
processor to run NetBSD/i386 instead of NetBSD/AMD64?
isn't it some kind of dangerous for any other piece of hardware (like the
motherboard)?
is this bug (or whatever it is) avoidable? Any help is welcome. Thanks for
your time

Hugo

acelerate.com