Subject: Re: ABIT AV8 and NetBSD
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/25/2005 06:44:59
On 2/26/05, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Didn't work. Same problem. I scripted what I did but I forgot to
> > > switch back to my other network card so I can't get to it right now.
>=20
> > Here's the output. I didn't try switching cables yet, but last time I
> > did this test I verified that both were good with my "good" adapter.
>=20
> The cable is good. I'm using the Via card under "another" operating
> system right now.
>=20
> I can test whatever comes up still. Thanks for your work.

Just an FYI, I updated to the latest current source last night and
built a kernel, and it didn't work again. But I think I need to see if
this patch still applies. I didn't put it on.

Some more info though. This time I have a gigabit switch, and if I
don't configure the card the link light shows it linked at 100baseT.
If I do ifconfig on the card, but with no media option, the link light
shows 1000baseT. But it still doesn't work with the same symptoms as
before.

I'll look into this more as I get time.

Andy