Subject: AMD and JRE (support)
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Mphose <Daphnon@web.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/18/2005 20:16:18
Hello,

I have trouble to install Java Runtime Enviroment. I need it very urgently, but it seemed not possible to get it run on the amd64 port of netbsd. At first, I tried to install the normal i386 JDK port from pkgsrc/lang/jdk...so far...it installed without any errors. but it want run under my architecture.
when i type jdk11-java to run java, i'll get the message:

java was not found in /usr/pkg/java/jdk-1.1.8/bin/amd64/green_threads/java

because the correct directory is bin/i386/green_threads. amd64/green_threads does not exist.
my first idea was, to create a directory called amd64/green..., and link all the stuff from i386/green_threads into it. but, oh wonder, it did not work; is there a way to get JRE run, or is there an unofficial port out for native amd64 JRE? or, any ideas how i can get run the i386 JDK? (i heard, that JDK contains a build-in JRE)

thanks to all.

p.s: sorry for my poor english :-)