Subject: Re: Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA driver
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org, darcy@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/15/2005 09:01:10
> Can I just run the i386 version of NetBSD on amd64 hardware?
> If so then I can get this box up and running while trying
> to fix this code.

Some of the LP64 type size warnings will not show up when
compiling on ILP32.  :-(

I assume you'd get the warnings if you cross-compile from
x86 to amd64?

If there is a way to get LP64 type size warnings on ILP32
other than cross-compiling, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
I've been working on getting some apps LP64 clean, and it can
be hard enough getting authors to fix things without telling
them that they should set up a cross-compile environment.
Of course even if gcc had some magic -Wlp64 option, it wouldn't
catch things where *BSD has a function return long and Linux
has it return int.