Subject: Re: Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA driver
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/11/2005 11:59:43
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:07:19 +0100
Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:49:22PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > The config file says this:
> >
> > GENERIC:#aac*  at pci? dev ? function ?   # Broken -- 32bit
> > assumptions.
> >
> > Is this still true?  Does anyone have any idea what it would take to
> > fix this?  Dow badly broken is it?  Will it run with smaller drives
> > or will it just fail altogether if I try?
>
> I compiled it for amd64, and noticed it was assigning virtual
> addresses to 32bit values. So I marked it broken for 64bit
> architectures.

I looked at fixing the driver but I am afraid I am a little out of my
depth with the changes and I don't have the card specs anyway.  I think
I have to look into using a supported card.  The config file mentions
these cards:

# RAID controllers and devices
#aac*   at pci? dev ? function ?    # Broken -- 32bit assumptions.
cac*    at pci? dev ? function ?    # Compaq PCI array controllers
icp*    at pci? dev ? function ?    # ICP-Vortex GDT & Intel RAID
mlx*    at pci? dev ? function ?    # Mylex DAC960 & DEC SWXCR family
twe*    at pci? dev ? function ?    # 3ware Escalade RAID controllers

I think I can get the 3Ware pretty quickly.  Anyone know of any problems
with it?  Would I be better off with one of the others?

Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/