Subject: Re: amd64 and PCMCIA
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Samuel Kesterson <netbsd@k-labs.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/06/2005 22:37:25
Thus spake Sami Kantoluoto (sami.kantoluoto@embedtronics.fi) [2005-03-02 20:13] :

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:25:20PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> > That's not hard to do.. So far it hasn't been added because noone has
> > tested it yet, but it's likely to "just work".
> >
> > What you need to do is to take the cardbus+pcmcia stuff out of
> > sys/arch/i386/conf/files.i386, and put it in sys/arch/amd64/conf/files.amd64,
> > at the same spot. Then reconfigure the kernel.
> >
> > If this works for you, let me know, and I'll enable it by default.
>
> This alone was not just enough but I copied
> sys/arch/i386/i386/rbus_machdep.c and sys/arch/i386/include/rbus_machdep.h
> to appropriate places and with these I got it compiled (NOTE: I don't have
> any understanding about those files). But:

	-{Snip}-

	Ok, here's where I am.

	I copied the section for PCMCIA out of files.i386 into
files.amd64 and copied rbus_machdep.c and rbus_machdep.h into the amd64
tree. I had to comment the include for opt_pcibios.h out of
rbus_machdep.c, and then I was able to config/make and get up on the new
kernel. I've posted the dmesg at
http://www.k-labs.com/~samuelk/dmesg.amd64_PCMCIA and my kernel config
at http://www.k-labs.com/~samuelk/GENERIC_PCMCIA

	Now the system sees the cardslot, but there's still a problem.
I'm trying to use an old prism2 card (Compaq HNW-100). When the card's
inserted, the kernel logs this:

cbb0: wait took 0.015387s
pcmcia0: card appears to have bogus CIS

	I found this in the mail archive and am rebuilding now to see if
it gets me up and running.
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2005/01/20/0013.html

	Do the resident experts have any other information on this that
I should take into consideration?

Thanks

Sam