Subject: Re: Jerky system behavior.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/04/2005 17:46:17
Hi,

> About August or so of last year, I upgraded from one -current to
> another on my AMD64 box and suddenly started seeing a jerkiness to the
> system.  Others reported it and I figured that it was a short-lived
> kernel issue.  I recently did a new CVS update and built a fresh
> kernel.  The problem is still there.
>
> (I only recall AMD64 people remarking about it, so I assume that
> it's AMD64-specific.)

Hmm, since I see this on an i386 box with an MPACPI kernel, too, I currently
suspect the ACPI interpreter taking too much time.  Investigating this
further is somewhere on my todo list, but didn't make it to the top yet ;-(.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE                            Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH