Subject: Re: Jerky system behavior.
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/03/2005 14:50:10
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 06:09:45AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:22:39 -0600, Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org> wrote:
 [...]
> > Basically, somewhere on the order of each minute, one or more processes
> > freeze for about half a second, or perhaps a full second.
 [...]
> I don't know if this helps, but I'm pretty sure I don't see this on
> the release-2 branch. Doesn't cron check the tab once a minute?
> Anything else that happens once a minute?  Is it that regular though?

It's more like every 15 seconds, when I checked last night.  The "on the
order of each minute" was a rough estimate; I didn't want to overestimate
the frequency and had never made any effort to determine the frequency.
(Not having a stopwatch handy, I simply counted seconds off in my head
while playing a little bzflag.)