Subject: Re: sk on ASUS K8V SE Delux
To: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/07/2004 14:16:53
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Wouter Schoot wrote:

> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>> 2)Running kernel GENERIC, sk0 doesn't work unless ifconfig sk0 down and
>>> up.
>>> Does anybody experience this problem?
>
>> Yes, known problem. Can you try a recent current kernel and see if it helps
>> ?
>> There have been commits to the sk driver recently.
>
> Will those commits make it to 2.0 too? I use rc5 now to install the system
> and update it to NetBSD 2.0, but the network keeps failing.

Try the following diffs (assuming you have a copy any version of
NetBSD checked out). Pullup 973 is queued for the 2.x branch, so
2.1 would be expected to have these fixes.

cvs rdiff -kk -r1.10 -r1.11 src/sys/dev/pci/if_sk.c
cvs rdiff -kk -r1.2 -r1.3 src/sys/dev/pci/if_skreg.h
cvs rdiff -kk -r1.3 -r1.4 src/sys/dev/pci/if_skvar.h

They fixed my ASUS K8V SE Delux board, though I'm running NetBSD/i386
as its used as a tomcat (under linux java jvm) server.