Subject: SMBFS support
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/07/2004 12:22:32
I asked this a while back on the port-cobalt list and was politely
told to fix it myself. And on port-amd64 it would be trivial to fix
this one.

It looks like smbfs support isn't enabled by default in port-amd64 or
amd64. All I did was add these 2 lines:

file-system SMBFS
pseudo-device nsmb

The MAKEDEV script in /dev is already set up to make the nsmb devices,
so it "just works" after adding the above lines to the kernel config
and re-compiling.

My question is, is this one so obvious that I shouldn't submit a
patch, because there is some other reason why it isn't included at
this point?

I'm on 2.0 release. It doesn't appear to be in current, either.

Andy