Subject: Anyone using an Abit AV8 board?
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/30/2004 13:50:04
Hello all, I'm new to this port but I just got my new motherboard and
processor yesterday. This is the 8th architecture I've booted NetBSD
on, still going strong.

I may have made a mistake with this motherboard, however. I have used
Abit boards for years and I never thought twice about researching
their reliability records before buying one. But it looks like I
should have. There seem to be some problems with this board.

I'm actually not able to find out, because I apparently got bad memory
that I need to send back. I have NetBSD 2.0-Beta (from the iso)
installed, but it doesn't run long before I get page faults

Anyone have any notes on this board? Any problems in general?

Thanks.

Andy