Subject: Re: making firefox LP64 clean
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20041126T103039@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/26/2004 10:46:34
rkr@olib.org (Richard Rauch) writes:
> I have been using links-gui since about January of this year on my
> AMD64 system.  I miss tabbed browsing and the font size is a bit
> small (I haven't seen a way to tell links to use a larger font,
> though it should be easy enough for a graphical browser like links).

You should be able to get X programs to use your fonts by setting X
resources.  One nice thing to do is specify the font by point size
(instead of pixel size) so the resulting output is the same size no
matter what resolution the display has.

xrdb -load $HOME/.Xresources

.Xresources:

#define NORMAL_FONT -*-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1

XTerm*font: 		NORMAL_FONT
Emacs*font: 		NORMAL_FONT
Emacs*EmacsScreen.font: NORMAL_FONT

> After a bit of work, it compiled from pkgsrc, but when it ran, it
> only produced blank (white) windows...

Thats my experience with getting galeon to compile on the amd64.
After a bunch of fixes to get it to compile you still need to find all
the run-time problems.

-wolfgang
	 When you talk to musicians about pirates they think
		   you are talking about the RIAA.