Subject: Anyone manage to build mozilla from pkgsrc?
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Dave Schanen <microvilii@yahoo.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/01/2004 13:08:20
Hello all,

Let me first say that the 2.0Beta runs great on my system (Athlon64
3000 with a K8T800 based Giga-byte mobo) while other "stable" operating
systems have not been quite so successful running in 64 bit mode on
here.  Anyway, I set to work building some basic apps from the current
pkgsrc, and Mozilla and derivatives(firefox, epiphany, & galleon) all
seem to dump core.  Rather than rebuild with debugging information, I
thought I would just ask here anyone else has managed to make these
work on amd64 in general or the athlon64 chips in particular so I have
any idea if it is specific to my setup in some way.

Cheers,
Dave

=====
Attempts at mechanization of mathematics are also very important, since they
lead to a greater understanding of concepts we thought we knew (until we had
to explain them to a computer).  -Prof. Donald E. Knuth