Subject: Re: Package collection on amd64
To: C. Linus Hicks <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: port-amd64
Date: 06/11/2004 23:03:32
On 12 Jun 2004, C. Linus Hicks wrote:

> is using "-k /usr/src/NetBSD-new-build/var/db/pkg" as an argument to the

As you noticed this was caused by DESTDIR. Another pkgsrc user had same
problem this week.

I think that DESTDIR breaking that PKG_DBDIR will be removed soon.

You might be able to set DESTDIR in your mk.conf like:

.ifndef BSD_PKG_MK

> The second issue I have is that I set the option in the mk.conf file to
> gzip man page files, however they get installed without being gzipped.
> And, I get errors like "ls: /usr/pkg/man/man1/bletch.1.gz: No such file
> or directory." Does gzipping work?

I don't think MANZ works consistently. I mentioned this last month. Never
received feedback and forgot to PR it.

 Jeremy C. Reed