Subject: Re: NetBSD + Linux
To: Yann Forget <yann@forget-me.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 04/18/2004 15:48:43
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Yann Forget wrote:
> 1. How to get access to NetBSD filesystem from Linux?
> I compiled the ufs module and the CONFIG_BSD_DISKLABEL option,
> did modprobe ufs, and then
> mount -t ufs /dev/device /mnt/netbsd
> but I got a error message "device doesn't exist". What did I mess up?
> Linux kernel help says that access to *BSD filesystems are ready-only.
> Is there a way to get a read-write access?

IIRC Linux' fdisk command can get you a list of BSD partitions from the
BSD disklabel, then you'd probably pass that to the mount command. Most
likely, "/dev/device" will not exist, you need to substitute that for
something like /dev/hdXY".

> 2. What boot loader can I use to boot both Linux and NetBSD?
> Is Lilo OK? I would like to avoid Grub as it seems troublesome on AMD64.

Ask google if/how it's possible to use LILO. I have good experience with
grub on i386.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>